1. Gram flour/Besan - 1 cup
2. Rice flour - 1/2 cup
3. Carom seeds/Ajwain - 1/2 teaspoon
4. Hot oil - 1 tablespoon
5. Salt to taste
6. Oil for deep frying
1. Take gram flour, rice flour, carom seeds and salt in a mixing bowl. Add a tablespoon of hot oil to it and combine well with a spoon.
2. Add water little by little and combine to make a soft dough.
3. Heat oil for deep frying on medium heat. Put a handful of dough in a murukku press with medium holed plate. Press it directly into hot oil. Fry on both sides until bubbling of oil stops.
4. Remove from oil and drain the excess oil on a kitchen tissue. Store in a airtight container after cooling.