1. Onion - 1 cup finely sliced
2. Besan/ chickpea flour/ kadala podi - 1/3 cup
3. Rice flour - 1 tablespoon
4. Red chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
5. Ajwain/omam/carom seeds - 2-3 pinch
6. Grated ginger - 1/2 teaspoon
7. Curry leaves - few
8. Oil for deep frying
9. Salt to taste
1. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients except oil.
2. Add water little by little, just enough to wet the flour mixture.
3. Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Always keep the flame on medium heat. Drop a spoonful of mixture in hot oil and fry on medium heat until golden brown colour.
4. Drain excess oil from pakodas in a paper towel.
Serve hot with tomato ketchup.