Thursday, June 19, 2014

Coconut Chutney with Red Chillies


Ingredients:
1. Grated Coconut - 1 cup
2. Dried Red Chillies - 2-3 or add as per your spice level
3. Ginger -1 inch piece
4. Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
5. Curry leaves - few
6. Oil - 1 teaspoon
7. Salt to taste

Method:
1. Dry roast dried red chillies in a hot pan for a minute.

2. Grind coconut, red chillies and ginger to a fine paste by adding little water.

3. Add water according to your desired consistency. Add salt to taste.

4. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and after it crackles, add curry leaves. Add this to the chutney.

This chutney goes well with idli and dosa.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Ak, first time here, you left a msg regarding joining my event, u r welcome, do u have a facebook id, do let me know also send me ur mail id, so that u can join us from next month..

    Your blog is fabulous, keep rocking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for accepting my invitation to be part of your events. I have messaged you my Ids to your FB account(Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes)

      Delete