Serves : 5
1. Chicken curry - 1 kg
2. Coriander leaves - 1 big bunch(once cleaned makes upto 4 cups packed)
3. Onion - 2 medium
4. Tomato - 1 medium
5. Ginger garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
6. Green chillies - 4 or as per your spice level
7. Chicken masala powder(any store bought brand)- 2 teaspoon
8. Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
9. Oil - 3 tablespoon
10. Salt to taste
1. Marinate chicken pieces in salt and turmeric powder.
2. Take 3 tablespoon of oil in a heavy bottomed vessel and add thinly sliced onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Saute until they turn translucent.
3. Next add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and slit green chillies. Cover and cook on low flame until tomatoes turn mushy.
5. Meanwhile wash and clean coriander leaves. You can also use stems of coriander. Grind coriander leaves into fine paste and add it into vessel after tomatoes turn mushy.
6. Add chicken masala powder and give it a good mix. Stir occasionally and cook until oil separates.
7. Add marinated chicken pieces, salt and 1/2 cup of hot water. Cook for 30-40 minutes until chicken is well done.
Serve with rice or chapathi.